What's Better Than “Organic”? Being Traceable.
What many people don’t realise is that just because the tag says “organic,” doesn’t mean it’s grown in Australia under our strict organic standards.As there are no organic cotton farms in Australia, raw organic cotton is imported from other countries that may not follow the same stringent standards we do here at Farm to Hanger.
- A small number of Australian cotton growers have experimented with organic cotton in the past, but a number of factors have prohibited it from entering long-term commercial production in Australia
When you simply buy organic, there's no way of knowing if your clothing brand supports child labour, pays fair wages, or utilises sustainable farming and manufacturing processes.That’s what makes Farm to Hanger truly unique, we can trace exactly where our cotton comes from and it is 100% GROWN and MADE right here in Australia, using sustainable managed farming practices and Australian employment conditions.
Our 100% Transparent Supply Chain Gives You Peace of Mind
From Trace-ability comes Transparency, knowing exactly where your clothing comes from. From the Queensland farm where we get our cotton to my Sydney shop where I make your clothing. In fact, we know every single person who touches our beautiful garments by name…
- Our cotton farmer is Glenn and his family from St George, QLD
- Our textile fabricator is Meriel coordinating a team from Brisbane, QLD
- Our postie is Grant for small items and Mark for large.
- All our garment construction is now in-house in Sydney, NSW (where Anna-Louise works tirelessly and now needs a hand!)
- All our textile waste is now split into three sections, reusable, repurposed and recycled. We reuse scraps to make dog toys for a local charity, we repurpose selvage seams for tethering plants to stakes and the recycling goes to Maureen in Melbourne, VIC. However, in the last 6 months we haven't needed to send anything to recycling and continue to work with our waste textiles to produce new products!
When you shop Farm to Hanger, you’re not only getting quality clothing that reduces environmental impact and waste, you’re getting a traceable, transparent supply chain that supports local farmers, businesses and families.
Admin Assistant - Lucy Founder - Anna-Louise Model - Amy