Our Vision | Farm To Hanger
Farm To Hanger was established to prove that the industrial pollution caused by the fashion industry did not have to exist. Its purpose was to establish a non-polluting circular fashion business model with net-zero carbon emissions and ensure that the garments created are the best environmentally and ethically produced.
Succeeding in this purpose, Farm To Hanger has produced a traceable, low impact range of garments, built for longevity, resource efficiency, recyclability and biodegradability, completely carbon offset and 100% Australian made, adhering to the circular fashion principles and proving that the fashion industry does not have to exist in its current form.
Farm To Hanger's vision is creating sustainable change, one garment at a time. To wholly produce beautiful Australian made products with zero harm, zero waste and net-zero emissions, thereby minimising the global effect the fashion industry is having on the planet.
Farm To Hanger's mission is to be Australia's #1 sustainable brand.
Creating beautiful, long-lasting, sustainable, traceable and ethically produced products made in our very own minimalist 100% sustainable manufacturing facility. Offsetting more carbon than we produce to improve the lives of the community at large as well as supporting outreach and charitable organisations. We encourage people to make eco-conscious choices, to shop locally, sustainably, ethically, less often and invest in better quality.
“Slow Fashion” Business
Our focus is on designing, creating and producing garments for quality and longevity, making it the perfect way to be environmentally conscious. We pay fair wages, have slower production times, and local 100% Australian manufacturing, thereby lowering the carbon footprint of the garment including zero waste.
We also go beyond just the fabric with our sustainable business practices, sourcing recycled materials for our promotional materials, using minimal packaging, and having a paperless office.
What we have achieved so far:
- 100% locally grown raw natural fibres
- 100% non-toxic fabric manufacturing
- 100% Australian labour force at TCF wages
- 100% Australian Made Certified
- 100% Greenpower manufacturing
- 100% traceable and transparent processes
- Ethical Clothing Australia Certified
- Greenfleet Carbon Offset Certified
- Zero Waste
- Vegan biodegradable inks
- Slow fashion releases
- Monthly specials to make buying sustainably more affordable
- Zero waste products for charity
- FSC packaging and recycled card
- Zero plastic
- We’re passionate about educating people about the global importance of choosing long-life pieces that will sustain them season after season.
- We are also constantly researching new sustainable products and technologies to improve our own products and processes.
From sourcing our raw materials, to planting a tree for everything we make, we're building you a greener, cleaner future.
Acknowledgement of Country - We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of this Land, and their Elders, past, present and future and we are dedicated to operating as a diverse and inclusive business.
Farm To Hanger recognises that we reside on Dja Dja Wurrung land and we are committed to rehabilitating and protecting the land for generations to come.